Study part-time while maintaining your work schedule.
Benefit from a wide range of career services to position you for success through graduation and beyond.
Build a portfolio of web applications to showcase your knowledge.
Web development is one of the fastest growing careers in today’s economy with a projected 15% growth rate by 2026.* The Columbia Engineering Coding Boot Camp was designed to help learners develop the skills and professional network needed to capitalize on this high demand.
What You Will Learn
- Students will learn frontend and backend technologies to become proficient full stack developers.
- Students receive career-planning assistance, including:
- Portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, career content and practice sessions, high impact career events, customizable tools and templates, soft skills training, and personal job matching.
- Opportunities for internships.
- Students will also have the opportunity to participate in hands-on learning activities with industry professionals—experiences that often lead to full-time employment.
What Graduates Receive
- Access to our curated network of employers looking to hire Coding Boot Camp graduates.
- An Award of Completion from Columbia Engineering showcasing your accomplishments to future employers.
- A robust portfolio of projects to demonstrate your working knowledge of web development.
About Columbia Engineering
The mission of The Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science is to expand knowledge and advance technology through research, while educating students to become leaders informed by an engineering foundation. Enriched with the intellectual resources of a global university in the City of New York, we push disciplinary frontiers, confront complex issues, and engineer innovative solutions to address the grand challenges of our time. We create a collaborative environment that embraces interdisciplinary thought, integrated entrepreneurship, cultural awareness, and social responsibility, and advances the translation of ideas into practical innovations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the dates of the program?
- June 5, 2018 - December 1, 2018
- Can I keep working while studying at the Columbia Engineering Coding Boot Camp?
- Yes. The program is designed for working professionals who are actively seeking career change.
- How long is the course?
- Learners will complete the program in six months.
- Do you provide career placement support?
- Yes. We offer all of our learners career support and coaching and provide multiple opportunities for learners to meet with prospective employers. In addition, we offer learners experiential learning opportunities to strengthen their portfolio.
- Do I need to have previous experience in programming before enrolling?
- No. While having some background can help, our pre-course tutorials will get you up to speed and ready to start learning on Day 1.
- What sets your boot camp apart from others I can join in New York City or elsewhere?
- We offer a part-time program that allows working professionals to study web development without leaving work.
- We provide access to a robust network of corporate partners.
- Our curriculum is built based on the most in-demand technologies specific to the New York City market.