Classes begin quarterly
Learn UX/UI in 24 Weeks
In today’s technology-driven world, phrases like “responsive design” and “user-friendly interface” have become increasingly important across industries. It’s no surprise that User Experience Researcher and UI Designer are among the top 100 best jobs in America with a projected growth rate of 19% and 27% respectively.*
Now more than ever, companies need innovative thinkers with the ability to transform their businesses through optimized interfaces and seamless user experiences.
- Maintain your work or college schedule by studying part-time, only three days a week, with convenient evening and weekend hours.
- Apply what you’ve learned toward building a comprehensive portfolio of projects ranging from AI sketches to mobile-responsive web layouts.
- Tap into our wide range of career-planning services to help you succeed in the field.
What Learners Receive
- Through immersive instruction and complex projects, you’ll learn both the theory and tools used by modern designers, employing user-centered design and creative tools to build compelling designs and user experiences.
- You’ll gain access to a tutor network, allowing you to get help both inside and outside of the classroom.
- You’ll be equipped with the technical skills needed to be competitive in the fields of user experience research and user interface design.
- Those working to change career paths receive extensive career-planning assistance, including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, career content and practice sessions, 1:1 career coaching, soft skills training, and more.
- You’ll also gain industry insights through Tech Talks—quarterly online panels with local industry professionals.
- You’ll receive an Award of Completion from Columbia Engineering upon successful completion of the boot camp, showcasing your accomplishments to future employers.
User-Centric Design Research:
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research Practices
- Information Architecture and Flow
- User Need Identification
- User Experience Interviewing
- Persona Creation
- Insight Synthesis
Visual Prototyping and Wireframing:
- Adobe XD
- Google Slides
- Decision Mapping
- Decision Flow Diagrams
User Interface Development:
- Atomic Design
- UI Grids and Composition
- Color Theory
- Heuristic Evaluation
- Interaction Design and Iconography
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your safety is our priority. Currently, our in-person UX/UI boot camps in New York are being held via our tried and tested virtual classroom experience. Call us at (646) 870-1598 for more information on how to apply, or visit our Online Experience page to learn more about the transition.
No experience is required. While having some technical experience can help, our pre-course tutorials will get you up to speed to start learning on Day 1.
No, applicants do not need to be Columbia students. The UX/UI Boot Camp is offered through Columbia Engineering.
Below are some funding options for you to choose from. Please note that funding should be approved before you begin the process:
- Full Tuition, Interest-Free Payment Plan: A deposit is required to secure your seat in the class. The rest of the tuition will be split into six equal monthly payments.
- 24-Month Interest-Free Payment Plan: Once approved, you’ll pay your deposit and split the remaining tuition over 24 monthly installments with zero interest.
Please contact us to get details on tuition cost and any available loan options.
- 24-week course
- Classes held two weekdays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.