Learn AI Online in 24 Weeks
An increasingly innovative solution to cut costs, enhance efficiency, and solve complex business challenges, the use of artificial intelligence is quickly growing and expanding. It has increased in popularity and demand — machine learning engineer was one of Glassdoor’s Top 50 Best Jobs in America in 2022.1
As a learner in our AI boot camp, you will build proficiency in numerous technologies to help meet that growing demand, including Python, unsupervised and supervised machine learning, generative AI, natural language processing, artificial intelligence, chatbots, and many more. You’ll hone your craft by learning from expert instructors with five-plus years of industry experience and build an impressive professional portfolio that displays your AI talents to potential employers.
Behind every smart device is a smarter human. How will you harness the power of AI for your organization? Optimize your career opportunities with the Columbia Engineering AI Boot Camp today.
150 Best Jobs in America 2022. (2022). Glassdoor. Retrieved July 14, 2023.
Our course is designed for working professionals while providing you with the structure and support you need to be successful in achieving your career goals.
Our online AI boot camp from Columbia Engineering offers live, interactive virtual classes led by expert instructors in the field of data analytics, programming, and artificial intelligence.
Our market-driven curriculum teaches you the most in-demand AI and machine learning models through real-world examples. Everything you learn is immediately applicable to a professional environment across a range of industries.
Why Choose Our AI Boot Camp?
- You will receive an Award of Completion from Columbia Engineering that you can show to potential employers after studying part time over 24 weeks.
- You can pursue careers across a wide range of industries that use AI — or implement AI tools at your current organization.
- The curriculum covers a range of key topics such as Python coding, external APIs, data modeling and forecasting, neural network models, deep learning, ethics and AI, and much more.
- You will build a portfolio of work that solves data, machine learning, and artificial intelligence problems to further stand out in a competitive job market.
- You will join a career engagement network that helps you gain access to potential employers regardless of when you attended our boot camp.
- You will have access to all the support you might need to succeed — live office hours, portfolio reviews, career coaching, soft skills training, class recordings, technical interview training, resume and social media profile support and more.
Boot camp certificate recipients will have gained skills in programming, data, and machine learning that can accelerate their careers. As a certificate recipient, you’ll be prepared to work in AI and to create Python-based scripts, interact with APIs using Python Requests and JSON parsing techniques, utilize data-driven programming languages and libraries, and much more. The market-relevant topics covered in the curriculum include:*
Programming for Artificial Intelligence
- Fundamental Python syntax
- Python coding logic & reasoning
- Python script & dictionary creation
Making Predictions with Data
- Data modeling
- Data forecasting
- Time series data
Machine Learning Optimization
- Evaluating model performance
- Imbalanced data
- Model selection for success metrics
- Limitations of traditional models
- Legal and ethical considerations
- Data reproducibility
- Algorithmic bias
- Data privacy regulations
- Deep learning vs. neural networks
- Deep learning on TensorFlow and Keras
Natural Language Processing
- Natural language processing
- Word models
- Generative AI
- AI applications outside the computer
- Active research areas
- Ethics and regulation
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Our Innovative Online Model
Dedicated Student Support
Throughout the boot camp you’ll receive support from a cohort success manager who is committed to helping you stay on track with your studies and will be there to answer any questions you may have. You’ll also have access to on-demand, content-based chat support when you need it.
Flexible, Interactive Virtual Classes
Attend class from wherever you are. These online sessions are NOT lectures: they’re designed to be highly engaging and interactive. Work with other members of your tightly knit cohort and broaden your experience while leaning on your instructor and teaching assistants.
Ensure you’re developing a strong understanding of data modeling, deep learning, and artificial intelligence by applying them in real-world settings. The cadence of these assignments will help you progress through the course as you should be.
Get Boot Camp Info
Learners who complete our AI boot camp are qualified for a variety of different roles, including:
- Collect, interpret, and visualize key financial and market data in order to help an organization make more informed decisions.
- Run programs, predictive models, and algorithms that improve pattern recognition in machines and perform tasks that help accomplish project goals.
- Assist organizations across a wide range of industries in applying AI solutions to reduce costs, develop business growth strategies, and train employees to leverage AI in their everyday roles.
- Develop and improve artificial intelligence systems and methodology to be used across a variety of business applications from chatbots and language processing to speech and facial recognition systems.
An AI Boot Camp is Right for You If:
You’re currently working as a data or business analyst and looking to take your tech career to the next level by adding machine learning, programming, and AI model training tools to your resume.
You want to apply AI techniques and methodology in your current role to further drive growth for your organization and be the one your team turns to for new ways to solve complex business problems.
You’re looking to build a career in tech from the ground up more quickly than a traditional degree program and want to leverage AI model training tools in your chosen industry.
How to Apply
The next AI boot camp starts soon — reserve your spot today. In just a moment, you can request more information and be put in touch with someone on the admissions team to help answer all your questions and get your application started. To apply:
- Fill out our course interest form so an enrollment advisor can get in touch with you.
- Connect with an enrollment advisor to discuss the boot camp and talk through your goals.
- Complete a short application.
- Complete a multiple-choice critical-thinking and problem-solving assessment.
- Connect with admissions to discuss financial options and payment.
- Finalize your enrollment and pay your deposit.
- Start your boot camp learning experience!
AI Boot Camp Schedule
- 24-week online learning format
- Conveniently study part time while maintaining your existing professional, educational, or personal obligations
- Learn through interactive, live online classes three days per week and engaging projects designed to enhance your portfolio
- Dedicate 9 hours of scheduled in-class time per week and 20 hours outside of class to hands-on projects and practice work