1How Businesses Are Using Artificial Intelligence In 2023. (2023). Forbes Advisor. Retrieved May 16, 2023.
Amplify your career with AI
Machine Learning and AI MicroBootCamp™ |From Columbia Engineering
- Premium quality experience: Develop skills in AI to modernize your workplace toolkit and optimize productivity in your organization.
- Self-paced learning: Complete coursework on your schedule and attend live office hours with AI experts.
- Early registration discount: Register four weeks before the start date and receive a 15% discount on the cost of your MicroBootCamp.
Next start date: February 27 | Time to complete: 8–10 weeks | Pacing: 8–10 hours per week
Self-paced, with live office hours
Evolve with the future of AI
The Columbia Engineering Machine Learning and AI MicroBootCamp™ is a topic-specific, 8–10-week intensive designed for experienced professionals.
As a learner, you will build advanced technical skills in machine learning and AI, including:
- Unsupervised and supervised learning
- ML optimization
- Neural networks
- Natural language processing
- Emerging AI topics
Learners must be experienced programmers familiar with Python.
Over 60% of business owners say AI will increase productivity.1
Tap into 360° support
MicroBootCamps™ offer high-quality, personalized assistance to supercharge your career as a leader in AI. We’re here to support your learning journey with unparalleled services and resources, and we will continue to guide you throughout your professional life.
- Get 24/7 on-demand learning assistance.
- Interact with industry experts through weekly live office hours.
- Connect with a powerful network of engaged trainers and peers.
- Access career resources, from industry tips to career pathway guides.
This MicroBootCamp™ is ideal for experienced programmers familiar with Python. Interested learners should have a proven proficiency in Python and mathematics, including linear algebra, statistics, and multivariable calculus. Work experience in programming is recommended, but not required. To benefit from this course, you should be able to:
- Code in Python.
- Read and write files in Python.
- Create software scripts in Python using programming fundamentals such as variables, lists, conditionals, loops, and functions.
- Install, import, and use external libraries in Python.
- Apply essential coding skills including syntax recollection, pseudocode, problem decomposition, and debugging.
A curriculum built for AI leaders
Led by Columbia-vetted instructors, this course contains readings, videos, and real-world AI projects paired with real-time learning assistant support, personalized grading feedback, and live office hours with instructors. As you develop optimized skills through hands-on machine learning and AI activities, you’ll also build a portfolio to showcase your work.
Engage in an industry-driven curriculum that teaches you how to build state-of-the-art AI skills, take on new projects, or stand out as a leader in the industry.
- Learn at your own pace, with access to all content on the course start date.
- Develop a comprehensive skill set that is immediately applicable to your career.
- Work on projects to add to your professional portfolio, with human-graded assignments and personalized feedback.
Learners will need the following equipment in order to successfully participate in the course:
- Personal laptop meeting the following specifications: Windows 10/macOS Version 10.14 (Mojave) or higher (NOT LINUX); CPU: dual-core, 64 bit; At least 8GB of RAM; Hard drive with at least 64GB of available space.
- Webcam and headphones with a microphone.
- High-speed internet connection (with a minimum download speed of 25 Mbps and upload speed of 5 Mbps).
- Second monitor is recommended but not required.
Now you’re ready
By the time you complete the MicroBootCamp™, you will have learned in-demand skills, built an impressive portfolio of AI projects, and earned a valuable Award of Completion.
Learn on your schedule
|Time to complete
|8–10 hours per week, self-paced with live office hours
|Live office hours
|2 weekdays (1.5 hrs/session over 10 weeks)
Invest in Your Career.
Explore Financial Options.
Explore Financial Options.
edX Boot Camps LLC does not receive any commissions or payments for referrals or successful loan applications. The lender’s loan approval criteria will apply and you should consider the terms and conditions of any loan carefully. We are not credit advisors. We make no representations about whether you will be given a loan or whether a loan will be suitable for you. We are not responsible for representations made to you by any credit provider.
Future-forward learning starts here
About Columbia Engineering
The mission of The Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science is to expand knowledge and advance technology through research, while educating learners to become leaders informed by an engineering foundation. Enriched with the intellectual resources of a global university in the City of New York, we push disciplinary frontiers, confront complex issues, and engineer innovative solutions to address the grand challenges of our time. We create a collaborative environment that embraces interdisciplinary thought, integrated entrepreneurship, cultural awareness, and social responsibility, and advances the translation of ideas into practical innovations.
This boot camp is offered through Columbia Engineering in partnership with edX.
edX, part of 2U Inc., works with respected universities and organizations to deliver innovative, skills-based training to a community of over 45 million learners around the world to support them at every stage of their lives and careers. edX delivers boot camps through an immersive learning experience with expert services and valuable resources. As of 2021, graduates have been hired by 6,700+ companies, including more than 62% of the Fortune 100.
The next AI MicroBootCamp™ starts February 27. Reserve your spot today!