- Learners will develop knowledge of advanced trading algorithms and modelling strategies, while also advancing technical skills in Python programming, machine learning, blockchain, cryptocurrency, and regulation technology.
- Learners receive a hands-on learning experience, gaining a wide understanding of the different financial domains within the industry.
- Learners receive career-planning assistance, including:
- Resume and social media profile support, career content and practice sessions, behavioral interview training, 1:1 career coaching, soft skills training, and more.
- Access to a dedicated Profile Coach and Career Director that will work with learners throughout the boot camp and prepare them to be Employer Competitive.
- Learners benefit from a Project Demo Day—a quarterly networking event with local professionals to showcase their final projects.
- Qualified learners receive continued one-on-one career coaching with their Career Director after Boot Camp completion.
- Learners earn an Award of Completion in FinTech from Columbia Engineering showcasing their accomplishments to future employers.
- Learners complete the Boot Camp with a strong professional portfolio and the skills needed to perform a variety of jobs in the financial sector.
About Columbia Engineering
The mission of The Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science is to expand knowledge and advance technology through research, while educating students to become leaders informed by an engineering foundation. Enriched with the intellectual resources of a global university in the City of New York, we push disciplinary frontiers, confront complex issues, and engineer innovative solutions to address the grand challenges of our time. We create a collaborative environment that embraces interdisciplinary thought, integrated entrepreneurship, cultural awareness, and social responsibility, and advances the translation of ideas into practical innovations.
About Trilogy Education Services
Trilogy Education is a workforce accelerator that empowers the world’s leading universities to prepare professionals for high-growth careers in the digital economy. Thousands of people around the globe have completed Trilogy-powered programs, and more than 2,000 companies — including 50% of the Fortune 100 — employ them.
When does the Boot Camp start?
- Class begins December 8, 2020
- Tuesday/Thursday 6:30 – 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Can I keep working while studying at the Columbia Engineering FinTech Boot Camp?
- Yes. The boot camp was designed for working professionals who are seeking to advance their current careers or change paths.
How long does it take to complete the boot camp?
- The boot camp is part-time. Learners can complete it in six months (24 weeks).
Do you provide career planning support?
- Yes. We offer all of our learners career support and coaching as well as resume support, interview preparation and experiential learning opportunities.
Do I need to have previous experience in programming or finance before applying?
- No programming or finance experience is required, however, it is recommended that applicants hold a Bachelor’s Degree or have at least two years of experience in business, management, finance, statistics, or a related field.
What sets your boot camp apart from others I can join in New York City or elsewhere?
- We offer a part-time boot camp that allows working professionals to study FinTech without leaving their current job.
- Learners benefit from a robust set of professional development services to prepare them for success as they work to advance or change careers.
- Our curriculum is built based on the most in-demand technologies specific to the New York market.