Get Boot Camp Info
- Learners will develop knowledge of advanced trading algorithms and modelling strategies, while also advancing technical skills in Python programming, machine learning, blockchain, cryptocurrency, and regulation technology.
- Learners receive a hands-on learning experience, gaining a wide understanding of the different financial domains within the industry.
- Learners receive career-planning assistance, including:
- Resume and social media profile support, career content and practice sessions, behavioral interview training, 1:1 career coaching, soft skills training, and more.
- Access to a dedicated Profile Coach and Career Director that will work with learners throughout the boot camp and prepare them to be Employer Competitive.
- Learners benefit from a Project Demo Day—a quarterly networking event with local professionals to showcase their final projects.
- Qualified learners receive continued one-on-one career coaching with their Career Director after Boot Camp completion.
- Learners earn an Award of Completion in FinTech from Columbia Engineering showcasing their accomplishments to future employers.
- Learners complete the Boot Camp with a strong professional portfolio and the skills needed to perform a variety of jobs in the financial sector.
edX, part of 2U Inc., works with respected universities and organizations to deliver innovative, skills-based training to a community of over 45 million learners around the world to support them at every stage of their lives and careers. edX delivers boot camps through an immersive learning experience with expert services and valuable resources. As of 2021, graduates have been hired by 6,700+ companies, including more than 62% of the Fortune 100.
When does the Boot Camp start?
- Class begins Soon
- Tuesday/Thursday 6:30 – 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Can I keep working while studying at the Columbia Engineering FinTech Boot Camp?
- Yes. The boot camp was designed for working professionals who are seeking to advance their current careers or change paths.
How long does it take to complete the boot camp?
- The boot camp is part-time. Learners can complete it in six months (24 weeks).
Do you provide career planning support?
- Yes. We offer all of our learners career support and coaching as well as resume support, interview preparation and experiential learning opportunities.
Do I need to have previous experience in programming or finance before applying?
- No programming or finance experience is required, however, it is recommended that applicants hold a Bachelor’s Degree or have at least two years of experience in business, management, finance, statistics, or a related field.
What sets your boot camp apart from others I can join in New York City or elsewhere?
- We offer a part-time boot camp that allows working professionals to study FinTech without leaving their current job.
- Learners benefit from a robust set of professional development services to prepare them for success as they work to advance or change careers.
- Our curriculum is built based on the most in-demand technologies specific to the New York market.