Classes begin quarterly
Submit your application today. All in-person classes are being offered through our proven virtual classroom experience. Learn more.
Become a FinTech Professional in 24 Weeks
Online New York Financial Technology Boot Camp
The field of finance is evolving. Financial services firms, insurance agencies, and investment banks are all increasingly at the intersection of data and technology, harnessing algorithms, machine learning, big data, and blockchain to conduct business.
- Through hands-on virtual classes in a convenient part-time format, Columbia Engineering FinTech Boot Camp gives you the knowledge you need to move toward the Financial Technology industry.
- With a project-based curriculum, you’ll gain ample experience with a host of popular tools and methods such as Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, and blockchain.
- By tapping into a wide set of career services like resume and portfolio reviews, interview training, and 1:1 coaching, you’ll get equipped to become employer competitive.
Learn Financial Technology and Analysis
You will obtain marketable skills, learning how fundamental concepts are leveraged within financial fields from financial planning to hedge funds, as well as best practices for using these skills to add value to an organization. The competitive curriculum covers*:
- Time-Series Analysis
- Financial Ratios
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Modeling
Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
- Smart Contracts
- Consensus Algorithms
- Distributed Ledger
- Truffle Suite
Machine Learning Applications in Finance
- Algorithmic Trading
- Random Forests
- k-Nearest Neighbors (kNN)
- Support Vector Machines (SVM)
- Linear Regression
- Logistic Regression
- Deep Learning
- Recurrent Neural Networks
- AWS SageMaker
Programming and Financial Libraries
- Amazon Web Services
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Gain real-world skills:
Columbia Engineering FinTech Boot Camp takes a multidisciplinary approach to finance, fundamental programming, data analysis, and modern tools in cryptocurrency and blockchain. Those who complete the boot camp can expect to be able to:
- Model future financial performance of a company using Python and financial fundamentals
- Build an Ethereum blockchain and understand how transactions are validated on a distributed ledger
- Understand both the uses and disadvantages of a variety of machine learning algorithms and their proper application within the field of finance
- Leverage machine learning to determine lending preferences and how effectively a cluster of customers would produce interest
Frequently Asked Questions
Our fintech boot camp in New York is being held via our tried and tested virtual classroom experience. Call us at (646) 870-1598 for more information on how to apply, or visit our Online Experience page to learn more.
No programming or finance experience is required. However, it is recommended that applicants hold a Bachelor’s Degree or have at least two years of experience in business, management, finance, statistics, or a related field.
No, applicants do not need to be Columbia students. The FinTech Boot Camp is offered through Columbia Engineering.
Below are some funding options for you to choose from. Please note that funding should be approved before you begin the process:
- Full Tuition, Interest-Free Payment Plan: A deposit is required to secure your seat in the class. The rest of the tuition will be split into six equal monthly payments.
- 24-Month Interest-Free Payment Plan: Once approved, you’ll pay your deposit and split the remaining tuition over 24 monthly installments with zero interest.
Please contact us to get details on tuition cost and any available loan options.
- 24-week boot camp
- Classes held two weekdays from 7 to 10 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Part-Time: October 27, 2020
- Full-Time: September 21, 2020
- Part-Time: November 2, 2020
- Part-Time: September 17, 2020
- Part-Time: August 25, 2020
- Part-Time: October 26, 2020
- Part-Time: September 15, 2020
- Part-Time: September 8, 2020