Get Boot Camp Info
*The material covered in this course is subject to change due to market demand.
What Learners Earn
- Certificate recipients benefit from a Project Demo Day—quarterly networking event with local professionals to showcase their final projects.
- Continued one-on-one career coaching with your career director after Boot Camp completion for qualified learners.
- You’ll receive an Award of Completion from Columbia Engineering showcasing your accomplishments to future employers.
- Learners complete the Boot Camp with the skills and confidence to join the ranks of industry professionals.
- By the end of the Boot Camp, you’ll have an impressive collection of knowledge, skills, and abilities that show competitiveness for employment.
About Columbia Engineering
The mission of The Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science is to expand knowledge and advance technology through research, while educating learners to become leaders informed by an engineering foundation. Enriched with the intellectual resources of a global university in the City of New York, we push disciplinary frontiers, confront complex issues, and engineer innovative solutions to address the grand challenges of our time. We create a collaborative environment that embraces interdisciplinary thought, integrated entrepreneurship, cultural awareness, and social responsibility, and advances the translation of ideas into practical innovations.
This boot camp is offered through Columbia Engineering in collaboration with edX.
About edXedX, part of 2U Inc., works with respected universities and organizations to deliver innovative, skills-based training to a community of over 45 million learners around the world to support them at every stage of their lives and careers. edX delivers boot camps through an immersive learning experience with expert services and valuable resources. As of 2021, graduates have been hired by 6,700+ companies, including more than 62% of the Fortune 100.
Frequently asked questions
When does the Boot Camp start?
- Class begins Soon
- Tuesday/Thursday 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Can I keep working while studying at the Cybersecurity Boot Camp?
- Yes. The Boot Camp was designed for working professionals who are seeking to advance their current careers or change paths.
How long does it take to complete the Boot Camp?
- The Boot Camp is part-time. Learners can complete it in six months (24 weeks).
Do you provide career planning support?
- Yes. We offer all of our learners career support and coaching as well as resume support, interview preparation, and experiential learning opportunities.
Do I need to have previous experience in cybersecurity before applying?
- While some background knowledge is helpful, no experience is needed as long as you are dedicated and eager to learn. Our pre-course tutorials will help you prepare for our Boot Camp.
What sets your boot camp apart from others I can join in New York City or elsewhere?
- We offer a part-time Boot Camp that allows working professionals and learners to study cybersecurity without leaving their current job.
- We put the learner experience first, using robust analytics to track the academic journey and ensure that we provide top-quality learning.
- Learners benefit from a robust set of professional development services to prepare them for success as they work to advance or change careers.
- We employ skilled instructors and provide a curriculum based on the most in-demand technologies specific to the market.